Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavillon 15-au010wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,
I Live in Brazil and, early in February this year, i went to USA and bought one Notebook of HP.
When i returned to Brazil and started to use it, the brand new notebook started to randomly restart presenting different errors on the screen (please check the attached pictures).
This model is quite expensive and has excellent configurations.
After the restarting problems began i've made contact directly with the official support of HP in Brazil and, after two weeks of talking and suggestion of possible solutions, the problem wasn't solved and the Brazilian support just told me that they couldn't do nothing else because the product wasn't purchased on Brazil.
If i could turn back in time i definitely would have bought the notebook from another brand because of the way i was treated by the HP support in Brazil and by knowing that i have no support here. And i know that other brands gives full support on theirs products indifferently of the country, as i already checked.
I'm waiting one solution as quick as possible, since i use the notebook for working every single day.
Thanks,
Luã Barros.

My Computer.

6th gen i7

12gb memory

1tb hard drive

NVIDEA GeForce 940M

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

WhatsApp Image 2017-05-21 at 23.43.02 (1).jpeg

HP Recommended

WhatsApp Image 2017-05-21 at 23.43.02 (1).jpeg

HP Recommended

WhatsApp Image 2017-05-21 at 23.43.02.jpeg

HP Recommended

@LuaBarros

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand your computer is restarting several times and you need help fixing it as it was purchased in the U.S and the brazil support couldn't help fix the issue,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Please correct me If I'm wrong but did I get the issue right?

Could you elaborate on the various steps you've done so far? so we don't end up repeating them.

While you respond to that, here's a few things you should know:

This issue is related or caused due to the below reasons:

Cause 1: Faulty RAM module

The most common cause of this error is a faulty RAM module that periodically gives read/write errors. If that’s the case, then it is advisable to scan the system memory and replace the faulty RAM module.

Cause 2: Corrupt or outdated device drivers

Sometimes the device drivers may become misconfigured, corrupt or outdated. That may also happen after a Windows update or a Windows downgrade from a newer system to an older one.

Cause 3: Anti-malware software is installed

Sometimes, certain brands of anti-malware software can corrupt the system memory, making this error to appear.

I recommend we start with performing a hardware test on the computer to determine if this is a hardware malfunction, here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for details.

If the issue persists, CLICK HERE TO TROUBLESHOOT & RESOLVE THIS ISSUE.

And Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Good night,
The Brazilian support did some similar questions, i just installed some "Steam" games, civil engineering programs, like "AutoCad" that i use to have on my previous notebook.
Already formated the Pc once, like was asked by the Brazil support and the problems still on.
A friend of mine is an informatic technical and suggested that it may be related to memory RAM, physical problem on the board.
I use this computer every day for work and this issue is getting worse and worse dealing too many nuisance to me, and worse yet when i knew that the Brazilian support couldn't help.
I purchased it with these top configurations to have security and performance on work and my hours of leisure.
HP Recommended

Just restart and an orange screen appears. It was not fast enough to hit a photo. I'm really worried about my computer!

HP Recommended

@LuaBarros

Thank you for replying,

I must let you know that your friend may just be right and considering what you've mentioned so far, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Good evening.
When I contacted the support in my area. They were pretty straight forward when they said nak could do absolutely nothing for me. That made me upset.
I'm waiting for the contact.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.