cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Edward-17
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer turns off without warning

HP notebook 13-c002dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

The computer will turn off without warning. It will stay on for about 10 minutes before turning off. It will not turn back on if it is turned on right away. I was told it could be overheating. The vents look clear although I do not hear a fan.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,404
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer turns off without warning

Hi @Edward-17,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums 🙂 Good day. 🙂 ! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. After reading your post I see that you require assistance with the computer shutting down frequently. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you. 🙂

A superb job was done by doing such exhaustive copious troubleshooting. I am truly amazed by your superlative troubleshooting skills. Kudos to you on that score.  🙂It is always a privilege to work with technically competent minds. 🙂

• Have you bypassed power strips?
  • Does it shut down in the bios or F2 diagnostics page?
  • Does it overheat?

For starters please do a hard reset from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

Then check in the bios or in F2 diagnostics if the printer shuts down to isolate the issue to being hardware related.

Steps:

• Then please go to the bios page and load bios defaults.
  • To do this, please keep tapping the Esc key gently several times as soon as you power on the computer.
  • It takes you to the startup menu.
  • Then press the F10 key to go the bios.
  • Check in the bios if it shuts down by leaving it on for about an hour.
  • If it does not shut download bios defaults or setup defaults
  • Then press the F9 key or F5 key to load setup defaults and select yes and push “enter.”
  • Then press F10 to save changes and exit and check if it still boots to the screen that you described.

If it does not shut down here, please follow all the steps from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Stream-13-Notebook-PC/7372147/model/7539085/document/c0351540...

Please run the complete system diagnostics to eliminate hardware failure. If it shuts down here also, then the issue is hardware related and the computer needs to be serviced.

To do this please contact HP phone support  by performing these steps:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of repair services for you.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation