Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ItsBri Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Connected to Wifi but no internet.

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My wifi is connected, but when I open any browser (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer) It loads and then says I have no internet connection. I've tried troubleshooting, but it tells me everything is fine. The Wifi on our other laptop works fine or for my phone; basically any other device works perfectly fine, except my laptop. I've tried using CMD, going back on my Restore Point and nothing has worked, and if it does it's only for 3-5 minutes, and it gives me the same error that I have no internet connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need my laptop for work.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
PhD Student
PhD Student
828 32 90
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello  ItsBri,

Welcome to the HP forums.

Please know that it might take some time to discover the issues.

Can you please do the following for me? 

Open CMD and ping 8.8.8.8

Start > Type CMD > Type "Ping 8.8.8.8 -t " > Press Enter >

To stop pinging, press ctrl + c  (Control + C at the same time)

What are the results?

Winos

The doors of wisdom are never shut. Benjamin Franklin
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela

0 Kudos
ItsBri Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.
The ping statistics are:
Packets Sent - 82
Received - 82
Lost - 0 (0% Loss)
Approximate round trip times in milli- seconds:
Minimum - 17 ms
Maximum - 562 ms
Average - 129 ms
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation