Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (453 Views)

Cooling Fan

Hi,

I have this HP laptop : HP Pavilion g6-1242sa Notebook PC

I have had it for 2 and a half years, my 2 year warranty has now expired and the cooling fan is broken.

When i turn it on the laptop comes up with a cooling fan error message and turns off automatically unless i press enter to continue but then the fan doesnt work and the laptop gets very hot.

What should i do? Do i need a new fan?  or is there anything else i can try first?  

Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (392 Views)

Re: Cooling Fan

[ Edited ]

Hello Rebecca,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the computer overheats and the fan appears to be broken. I'll do my best to help you!

Before ordering a fan, you may be able to resolve the issue yourself. This HP document contains a lot of measures you can take to address an overheating notebook: Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating

Unfortunately, you should order a fan for this notebook if these steps don't help. To order a fan, just contact the HP Part Surfer.

Please let me know if this answers your questions. Thanks!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation