Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey

Downloaded bios driver for g60 121wm(hdd formatted), the files extracted are:

360AF54.WPH
flash1
FLASH1
flash.dll
mfc42.DLL
msvcp60.dll
msvcrt.dll
PHLASH
PHLASH
Phlash9x.vxd
PhlashLc.dll
PhlashNT
Wflash
winhlp32
WinPhlash
WINPHLASH

Any idea about what files should be renamed in order to create a usb recovery tool would be a great help.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi! @Capo72, Thanks for stopping by HP forums! Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand BIOS on your PC is corrupted and you would like to restore BIOS.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC?

You don't have to rename the USB, You just have to extract the files on to the flash drive.

Refer this article to know how to restore BIOS.

Let  me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi MrRobot

I decided to format the hdd of the laptop in order to realize a clean install of a new OS system, taked the hdd apart and made the formatting in my pc.

When I connected the formatted hdd on the laptop again, it has no access to the BIOS menu, no codes, no sounds… just the lights of power supply, power button, and wi-fi are turned on.

I also replaced the CMOS battery thinking this could be the cause of the fail.

Now I´m trying to recover the BIOS using an external storage device following the instructions on the article, downloaded the file sp45070 but can´t go further than number 6 of Step 2: Creating the BIOS recovery media.
After extracting the files to the USB a window shows the message "This BIOS is not for your Notebook PC", so the HP System BIOS Update Utility do not opens.

Thank you for your help, have a good day!...

HP Recommended

You need to check your USB agian. I have had many occasions with USB error, must format properly

hp g2410
HP Recommended
Hi Smithdalas,

I will try with another USB.

Thank you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.