Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KTinsley Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crypz Ransomware Headache

HP all in one
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Ok, this is really making me crazy.  Not only did it getmy  desktop  files and pictures, but my dropbox, my husbands stuff, AND my laptop.  Trying to do a recovery, and it says I have no recovery?  But I do have a D drive that is "almost full".  Would that be free from infection?  Of course, I didn't do a manual back up (I thought it did it automatically).  My computer geek nephew was talking me through for hours yesterday and he is stumped too. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
15902 15846 1476 3526
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crypz Ransomware Headache

KTinsley

Unfortunately, ransomware comes in lots of different forms, and the decryptor tools are always running behing.

Here is a link that describes the problems, points to some decryptor tools, and points to some antivirus apps (I use MBAM, so I know it is good) and data recover apps: Remove "Your personal files are encrypted" virus (Guide)

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation