cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
51 47 0 5
Message 11 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Cursor often moves haphazardly when typing

Hi Charles,

Yesterday, based on your suggestion, I checked the "Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached" (under Mouse Properties / HP Control Zone Settings tab).  While hitting "Apply" causes an eternal hourglass and entering OK greys out the window, the laptop's mouse nevertheless is disabled.  And strangely, today, the touchpad came back to life suddenly and I had to repeat the selection.

But... when the touchpad/mouse is disabled, I have had absolutely no problems with the cursor moving suddenly and hapazardly etc.  Your idea was right on the money.  Thank you very much for solving my problem - I really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation