Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ehsanul Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Customer Support Reluctant to Upgrade My Laptop's RAM, Says it will Void the Warranty

HP Pavilion 15-AU017TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am Ehsanul Haque from Bangladesh. Recently, I have purchased HP Pavilion 15-AU017TX laptop equipped with Core i5 6200U processor, Nvidia 940 MX graphics and 4 GB RAM. It's really great and I am really happy with it.

I am planning to buy an additional 4 GB RAM for the laptop. But the cusomer support do not want to upgrade it. They say that it will void the warranty.  I have seen on the other posts that the RAM upgrade will not cause any issue with the warranty. But they are claiming a totally different thing. 

What should I do now?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Ehsanul Haque

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
104073 94625 14565 22377
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Customer Support Reluctant to Upgrade My Laptop's RAM, Says it will Void the Warranty

Hi:

According to the service manual for your notebook at the link below, memory upgrades are supposed to be done by an authorized HP service center (see chapter 6 for the parts that should be replaced by an authorized service center).

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05228250

Since this is a peer to peer forum, no one here is authorized to discuss the HP warranty terms and conditions.

I suggest you contact HP technical support in Bangladesh or India for further assistance with your question regarding replacing the memory without voiding the warranty.

https://www.facebook.com/HPbangladesh

You may also want to wait until the 1 year warranty period is over and then do the job yourself if you think you can follow the procedure in the manual to replace the memory.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation