cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
abdul1964
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

D recovery disk

HP ENVY Notebook - 15-k213tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Name: HP ENVY Notebook - 15-k213tx

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP

my D recovery disk is full now when i tried to down load updates from windows it says your disk has no sufficient space

how can i expand my D recovery disk i tried to go in computer managment then disk managment then tried to click the

D -recovery but it was locked and when i click on it  the signal comes HELP can some one suggest me how i can do it  now .

at this time i am running old version of windows 10 (1511)

i contact  microsoft tecnician they get hold of my computer with my permission and they cant do it fixed because they said HP locked it .  so kindly i need help from HP

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Level 4 Phil_N
Level 4
69 69 4 11
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

D recovery disk

Hello Abdul,

Do you have more than 1 simple partition on the D drive?

usually you can see how many partitions are on a drive by checking disk management, or opening a command prompt and typing the following commands

diskpart

list disk

select disk 1 (assuming that disk 0 is your C drive and that disk 1 is your D drive)

list part

This will show you how many partitions are on the drive, if it is just for Data then it should just be one big simple partition.

If there are multiple partitions before expanding your D drive you will need to either delete or shrink the other partitions.

Best way to delete a partition continuing from the command prompt above

select part # (# being the number that is listed for the desired partition you wish to delete. It should say something like 'parition 1 is now the selected partition'

then type the following

delete part override

Now keep in mind doing this will erase all the data that is saved to this partition so if you have anything in it you want to keep make sure you move it prior to deleting it.

Let me know if this makes sense and if I am understanding what you are wanting to achieve clearly.

-Phil

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
abdul1964
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

D recovery disk

I have only 2 partition C and D recovery and have unalloted 25 GB i tried to allot it to D recovery but it was not possible because D recovery is locked by Hp company

as i mentioned the microsoft tectician tried to unlock it but he cant  the case in microsft  service request  ID is

SRX 1355659731

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4 Phil_N
Level 4
69 69 4 11
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

D recovery disk

Okay,

I think I understand a little better. So specifically that D recovery partition is used for system restores. The real use for it is so that you can create a recovery dvd or recovery USB in the event that you need to reinstall windows at a later date. Once you have that Created then there is no longer a need for the recovery partition. You can delete this space and then expand your C drive.

You will need to open the command prompt as administator. (If windows 8 or 10 right click on the windows Icon on the bottom left of the screen and select Command prompt as admin)

then follow the command path below

diskpart

list disk

select disk 0

list part

select part #(select the partition that has the same size as the D drive, eg 25GB)

delete part #

This should force the system to delete the partition and then all the space will be unallocated. Then you can open Disk management and you should be able to expand your C partition

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
abdul1964
5 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

D recovery disk

dear i dont want to expand my C partition i have 800 gb free space in C in have 25 gb in D recovery and 25 gb unalloted

understand i hope so

i want that 25 gb unalloted to allot to D recovery so D recovery become 50 GB

now tell me what to do

0 Kudos
Level 16
25,081 24,632 3,555 7,937
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

D recovery disk

@abdul1964

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Recovery-Partition/m-p/4963070/...

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation