cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
teddyhutch Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DL380 G7 Proliant not holding it's Default Gateway address in the iLo3 settings?

Any ideas as to why and how to rectify?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Provost Provost
Provost
102,628 96,705 14,982 23,075
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DL380 G7 Proliant not holding it's Default Gateway address in the iLo3 settings?

Hi:

You may also want to post your question in the Proliant servers section in the HP Business Support Forum.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/bd-p/itrc-264

Paul

0 Kudos
Originaldigital Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it is a known display only issue fixed in next revision of ilo firmware, here is the advisory.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03283274&lang=en&cc=us&taskI...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
neologue Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this thread isn't too old so i shall post here in the hopes of a reply:

i investigated the case given (c03283274) and while it fits my situation exactly, I can unequivocally state that it is NOT a "display only" issue.

I have 2 x dl380 g7s in the same rack, both at the same firmware revision of 1.28, i am using the same IPs and cables (sequentially, of course), and the second server stubbornly refuses to accept the default gateway i give it and also does not respond from the switch to which it is connected (which it would if, as the advisory states, it is really there, just not showing itself.)

I have attempted to "trick" it from a number of angles, assuming the correctness of the advisory, that there is some point at which it puts it in the bucket though it is not visible (eg. reset, re-enter / reset to defaults, reboot, re-enter / reset to defaults, shutdown, unplug, re-enter / cycle through the ancillary transceiver options in concert with the ip config / enter an entirely bogus gateway, attempt save, fail, enter correct gateway / etc.)

I offer this long-winded set to hopefully forestall any of the more obvious questions of troubleshooting on my part, but the short-and-sweet is the 0.0.0.0 gateway being displayed across F10 saves is very obviously acting as a blank in the active configuration of the dl380 g7 ilo3 in question. 

Do you have any further insight? I have found no more questioning of this issue on the web. (Possibly b/c others were able to get around this with a direct connect laptop more forgiving of a missing gateway than a switchport.  I do not have this option.)

thanks -

0 Kudos
neologue Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have posted this question as a new thread under the subject heading "DL380 G7 FW.1.28 does not retain configured default gateway - reverts to 0.0.0.0"

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If I were you, I would take my advise above and copy and paste your post in the Servers forum.

You are not going to get any answers on the consumer forum.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/bd-p/itrc-264

0 Kudos
neologue Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

(thanks, paul - i already did . . . the new post i reference above is posted in the section to which your link directs.)

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

Hopefully, one of the server experts will be able to assist you.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation