cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Striker-22
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

DNS Probe Finished No Internet

HP Recommended
15-r036TU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Unsure which version of Chrome you are using? Type chrome://version into your omnibox (where the URL is) and your Chrome version number will be listed on the first line.  

Have you checked our known issues page? If your issue is not there, please provide a detailed description here

Unsure which version of Chrome you are using? Type chrome://version into your omnibox (where the URL is) and your Chrome version number will be listed on the first line.  

Have you checked our known issues page? If your issue is not there, please provide a detailed description here

Hi all,

I have this problem from yesterday, read many posts on this group and other forums, but the problem is still here.
I summarize the situation and the tested, non working, turnaraunds:

PROBLEM: Chrome and IE not working, Chrome says: DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET

TURNAROUNDS (already tested not working):
1. IP is ok: other PC on the same router are ok; the same PC on other routers working isn't
2. PING a IP address on LAN or Web get response
3. PING a web address (i.e. www.google.com) get response
4. NSLOOKUP get response from DNS server for several domains
5. Tried DNS flushing and Renew
6. Tried reinstallig drivers for LAN/WIFI cards and repeated points 1-5
7. Tried rebooting router/modem and tried points 1-5

I suppose it is a problem on browsers, since a remote desktop connection on same PC is perfect, and also other apps using web connections are ok.

8. Tried reinstalling IE / Chrome with standard settings
9. Tried a scanning with herdProtect, no malware found
10. Disabled firewall and antivirus (microsoft firewall and security essentials)
11. Tried to assign DNS manually (but it was unnecessary...)
12. Run a CCleaner registry clean for check
13. Disabled all extensions on chrome / tryied incognito mode
14. Trying a LAN address, i.e. 192.168.1.1 (that is the router usually responding on other PC with login page) I get an error, but not the same, a general error
15. win7 problems/solutions page is not reporting any problem (no DNS error, internet connection is green...)
16. IE "find a solution" is not reporting any problem

QUESTIONS:
1. any suggestion to surf again, any other check to perform?
2. is there a chrome debug mode to get more information on what is blocking the connection to the LAN?
3. my idea is to install a different firewall and to log the connections

Thks in advance.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
D5GR
Retired
Retired
3,533 3,002 182 479
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Striker-22,

Hello and thank you for posting on the HP support forums. If you are making connection to your router and have an IP address then there is a good chance you have an issue on the ISP side of things.

Here is a link that will help you with troubleshooting these issues.

As far as Chrome and IE specific issues you would need to contact Google support and Microsoft support for IE issues.

HP PCs - Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 😎

How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems in Internet Explorer

Webpage doesn't open or load Chrome

If other computers are connecting ok and you are having dns issue with your one computer only.

DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working

On my one router I had a similar issue.  It wasn't constant and I found out if I had other pc's connected to the network this one computer was fine until any Iphone or Ipad connected to the router.

Once this happened my one notebook would have a connection to the router but no access to internet.

It all came down to the routers firmware causing it.  The unfortunate part was there was no update for the firmware to fix it so I had to go to a different router.  Once I did this no problems at all.

Please post back and let me know how things go.

Thanks again and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
andrew016
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found a great guide on DNS PROBE FINISHED NX DOMAIN error. You may refer to it to solve the issues. I did the same the last time I had this issue

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation