cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Rob641 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DRIVERS WAN MINIPORT No WIFI

HP ENVY dv4 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I am unable to connect to wifi, my laptop will not recognize any networks I must use ethernet. my wifi is functioning fine on my tablet and phone. I did a system restore and HP support assitant updates. I was reciving Wan Miniport #2 errors with the yellow exclamation mark till i deleted it.

Please help 🙂

product number: B5W49UA#ABA

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Windows 8 64-bit 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
12,390 11,182 436 813
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Rob641 wrote:

I am unable to connect to wifi, my laptop will not recognize any networks I must use ethernet. my wifi is functioning fine on my tablet and phone. I did a system restore and HP support assitant updates. I was reciving Wan Miniport #2 errors with the yellow exclamation mark till i deleted it.

Please help 🙂

product number: B5W49UA#ABA

@INTEL(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Windows 8 64-bit 

Did you uninstall the wifi drive and reinstalled it?

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
Rob641 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes with no success, would I be best off by reformatting and starting my pc from scratch? I have all my important files saved elsewear 

0 Kudos
Rob641 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I solved the problem by buying a new PC :womansad:

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation