cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
4 3 0 2
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

Solved!

[DV4 1240br] FingerPrint Driver for Windows 7 x64

HP Recommended

Hi, I am trying harder to make the fingerprint works... Used the one in the HP support & drivers and the one for the Windows 7 x64, but it didn´t work. The device manager detected it, instaled it fine, but the DigitalPersona can't find the FingerPrint, it keep telling me the read is not connected.

Can someone point me to right direction?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Level 6
385 381 19 96
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

uninstall Digital Persona Fingerprint Reader from control panel-->programs & features

download this & install it

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45217.exe

&

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp43501-44000/sp43883.exe

after installing both restart PC

~"If my solution has helped you in any way, please click on the white start to give Kudos."~

~"Please click on the Accept as solution button if your problem has been resolved."~
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended
dude!  you're awesome!  i was having a problem with this as well.  wth doesn't hp put these on its drivers list, instead of the crappy, not-working ones they have listed?  kudos to you 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 0 2
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your support, I am gonna try this at home.

Huggs from Brazil.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Help! Sorry - I thought I'd found a solution here - i have a pavilion dv3057ea, 64-bit. just unpgraded to windows 7 professional, fingerprint reader appears dead - so I followed these links to upgrade but on the second one i get an error message - "this installation package is not supported by this processor type. please contact  product vendor.". Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 0 2
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yeah, you should get drives for your laptop model. This thread is for DV41240br.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks - i know this thread is not for my model, but it's the only one that appears to come close to my issue. Sadly have already tried the drivers from the hp support site specific to my model...

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 0 2
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Start a new thread... the HP guys will point you to the right direction.

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you EverWin.Your solution is working for W7.Kudos for you :manvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Thanku Dude

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation