cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
superocean
Level 2
20 10 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

DV5Z w/HDMI not filling the whole screen

I have a DV5Z with Blu ray player installed. When I connect the Dv5z to my Panasonice 42 in plasma 720P with the HDMI cable, the whole screen is not being used in the full aspect ratio. There is a 1 inch border around the top, bottom, left and right.  My DV5Z has ATI HD 3200 graphics card and I just don't understand where I need to adjust it so that it works ok. I previously had a Dv5T with Intel 4500 and it worked fine,(actually it filled a bit too much about 1/4" of the picture was off the screen) but the DV5z doesn't and I don't want to watch blu ray movies with 1 inch border around the screen. Where are the settings for me to adjust so that I can watch the movies in full view?

I've adjusted the display settings and it didnt work. what could be the problem that I need to adjust?

I've also adjusted the aspect on the TV and H-fill isn't anywhere close and zoom isn't close and 4;3 is not what I want to use. 

Any and all help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
aaronka
Level 1
2 2 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

DV5Z w/HDMI not filling the whole screen

Try using the ATI Catalyst software.  You should see an option for HDTV in the list on the left in the Advanced view.  It has some decent explanations on how to use it to configure your TV.  I don't have my dv5z in front of me right now so I can't be more specific.  If you need more detail let me know, I had this exact same issue and got it working.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation