Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tgc0uf7 Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DV6 battery issue

DV6-1245DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Hp DV6-1245 dx running windows 10, 64 bit.  The battery will charge to 67% then quit.  While it is charging the battery indicator light is on solid.  When it gets to 67% it blinks and the battery icon says pluged in, not charging.  The laptop will work on battery power with the ac line unpluged.  When I plug the ac line back in, the indicator light flashes, and the icon says pluged in, not charging.  If I remove and reinstall the battery the indicator light goes solid and the icon says plugged in, charging and stays that way until 67% when it starts to blink again.  I tried to test the battery by installing diagnostics uefi, but if I press F2 I only get the old diagnostics.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16604 16583 1201 1776
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DV6 battery issue

Hi! @tgc0uf7, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand the battery will charge only till 67% and stops charging.

Please try few recommended steps mentioned below.

Connect the AC adapter and fully charge your computer
When the battery has charged to 100%, remove the power adapter from the computer. An overnight charge will charge your battery to 100%, even if the battery meter indicates you have less than a 100% charge.
Click Start, click Control Panel and go to Category View
Click Power Options, click Performance and Maintenance and go to Power Options .
On the Power Schemes tab notice and record the default settings. You will need to reset these values later.
Figure 1: Power Options Properties Window
Select the Always On Power schemes value. Then select the Never value for all topics in the Running on batteries column.
The Always On settings prevent your notebook from entering Sleep mode and allow the battery to drain faster.
Click Apply to accept the values and force the battery to consistently discharge. The notebook is in constant operation during the test period.
Allow the battery to discharge completely until the notebook PC turns off.
The battery is now calibrated and the battery level reading on the power meter is now accurate.
Plug in the AC adapter and restart your notebook.
Return to the Power Options Properties dialog box (Step 5), and re-enter your power savings settings to the desired level.

Once after you perform the above-mentioned steps. Please update BIOS using the link below.

BIOS update link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52501-53000/sp52884.exe

If you have issues after updating BIOS. Install HP support assistant using the link below and run the battery test.

HPSA link: http://hp.care/2drFqJK

Please share the test results.

Hope to hear from you soon! 

Cheers! :)

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation