cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jkn48167
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

DV6T A1U60AV BDOS WINDOWS 10 UPGRAD

HP Recommended
PAVILLION DV6T A1U60AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I get a BSOD error when installing Windows 10 upgrade of Bad Pool Header.  Upgrade would stop at 75%.  I disabled wireless network adapter to complete the Windows 10 upgrade.  However, the wireless adapter would not turn on.  When I plugged in network cable system would BSOD crash with same bad pool header error. 

i restored to Windows 7 home prem 64 bit sp1. 

I have no idea how to fix this or how to get memory dump information to help resolve. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
EmeraldAvenger
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 185 362
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @jkn48167, 

This is a great question other customers may also be wondering about; please click the Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

I did some research on what you had provided for me in your description saying bad pool header. I found a Microsoft thread called  What is a bad pool header and how do I fix it?

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

What is the BSOD error message?

Did you happen to make Recovery Disc's for your Notebook? 

Have you done a BIOS restore?

I also found another thread from Microsoft called BSOD errors Windows 10 BAD_POOL_HEADER. There are troubleshooting steps in this document that may help also. 

Please try the troubleshooting steps provided above and let me know if you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you! Please don't forget to include the results of the troubleshooting steps, answers to the questions asked above, and any other information you feel might help toward a resolution. 

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community! I look forward to hearing your response. 

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation