cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GMJ2005
Level 1
10 6 0 2
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

DV7-1232nr LT smartcard reader sees but won't view/copy files despite admin/login; MS SW.

HP Recommended

Despite being logged as admin, even sharing drive/folder, taking ownership, command prompt xcopy & in Vista Hm Prem, nothing will view or copy files to my PC! I've wasted 6 hours trying today, & the driver download is same as driver on LT, so that's no help--I had hoped to find an updated driver to fix this! The card is a Sandisk Micro-SD 2GB with adapter, fits & reads fine, but  "access denied" for every attempt! I even changed ownership on each file, but it didn't change the access denied problem. I rebooted, tried diagnostic startup (in case of conflicts), tried shutting user acct. control off, etc. Since it's NOT sdhc (2gb & < qualifies), why won't the reader allow access to my files??? Do I need to use a different card reader through USB??? Then what good is the card reader installed?

BTW, 2 files that weren't in the image folder were able to be copied, but not viewed, after changing ownership. However, none of the others could be copied to the image folder on SD card, never mind onto PC. My LT is <2yrs old, am having all sorts of problems, not happy with HP so-called support after 1 yr, no help on expensive purchase like this? The Windows upgrade expired after 1 yr too, plus I bought this in 2010, yet its full of 2008 devices & SW?! (Brand new special ordered through Staples locally). What's with the Office 60-day TRIAL, can't uninstall that without windows/boot probs & sound issues. I have free full Open Source Office installed instead & had to keep the other MS crap (Office & Works) to keep LT working!!!

I got so tired of this LT always needing fixing I shut it down for 6 mo.'s, come back & still spend more time fixing it than using it--and I'm an IT professional 20+ yrs. Linux &/or MAC sounding better everyday!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation