cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JoeBalake Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DV7 Notebook- Not Seeing Bluetooth Devices

HP Pavilion DV7 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have:

hp pav dv7 notebook SN [Personal Information Removed] Prod# A5F92AV  Win7 Hope Prem 64 Bit SP1

with the following:

Bluetooth Radios

Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + high speed adapter.  Driver Date 3/21/2012   v2.0.15.30150

Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator.  Driver Date  6/21/2006  v6.1.7601.17889

Network Adapters

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)  Driver Date  6/21/2006  v6.1.7600.16385

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) Driver Date 6/21/2006  v6.1.7600.16385

I have never used the bluetooth adapter.   I am now trying to connect the adapter to my phone.  And, although my phone sees my PC, my PC cannot find my phone.  To assure my phone is broadcasting, I was able to pair it to my HP DV6 notebook without any issues, as well as other phones.  All other phones and PC's can see each other and my DV7 notebook, however my notebook cannot see any of these bluetooth devices.

On my notebook, the bluetooth icon appears in my system tray and is dark blue background with bright white lines.

Any help in getting my notebook to see bluetooth devices is appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
104,494 98,471 15,328 23,569
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if updating the bluetooth driver helps.  The one currently installed in your PC seems outdated.

The second driver on the list is for W7 x64...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23451/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technol...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
JoeBalake Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying.

I have tried to point to the update.  My operating system informs me the driver I have is the latest.

Should I update anyway?   Could my infallible machine be mistaken?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
104,494 98,471 15,328 23,569
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Windows Update is only as up to date as the hardware manufacturer's push driver updates to the Windows Update Catalog site.

So, if Intel does not keep sending driver updates to the Windows Update Catalog every time there is an updated driver, then the driver on your PC can be out of date.

The only way to tell would be to go to the device manager, click to expand the bluetooth radios category, click on the Intel Bluetooth device, click on the driver tab, and compare the driver version and date to the link I posted.

If it is the same or newer, then updating the driver isn't going to help.

But if it is older than the link I posted, you may want to give it a shot.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation