cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
stommy49
Level 1
3 2 0 3
Message 11 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately you are one of many with this problem that HP refuses to help their customers, You have a faulty  NVIDIA GPU. check the link out in tis thread:  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=Display&thread.id=7771

Here is the real kick in the butt Sony and Apple are offering free fixes for this exact same problem with their notebooks, but NOT HP: http://apcmag.com/sony-vaio-notebooks-suffer-from-faulty-nvidia-gpus.htm

Apple is offering  a free fix and are extending their customers warranty for 3 years free of charge. HP will just take your money.

Message Edited by stommy49 on 11-03-2009 04:56 AM
Message Edited by stommy49 on 11-03-2009 04:58 AM
Jazzy79
Level 1
13 12 0 0
Message 12 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks stommy49 I knew someone would say what it was!! The thing is when i took my laptop apart( I fix and build computers) I checked everything on it and I looked at that NVIDIA GPU and said maybe thats the problem. Thanks I know what what it is!! Will take to a friend to fix it!
0 Kudos
gregk
Level 2
27 27 0 1
Message 13 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do not see NVIDIA Geforce 8400M (M for Mobile) or 8600M in the specifications  for the F730US laptop

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01150100

0 Kudos
Jazzy79
Level 1
13 12 0 0
Message 14 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I dont care anymore really like I said in earlier post It's easier for me to buy a laptop thats not HP and dont have hardware issues. Thats a wrap for me!  :OpenSmile:
0 Kudos
JonK
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 15 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crap..  I was just getting ready to nuke my 700!!!!

I might just go ahead and nuke it anyway..  what can it hurt?

NO MORE HP FOR ME!!!!

Message Edited by JonK on 11-03-2009 08:00 AM
Message Edited by JonK on 11-03-2009 09:32 AM
gregk
Level 2
27 27 0 1
Message 16 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The important thing is that there is  a work around, and it will start and run OK, some times for many days....

There are times when it will crash even before it starts reading the hard drive.Screem changes colors and lines appear....

If removing the hard drive, removing all power,  pressing start button, reconnecting power, pressing the start button next,  does not bring the screen back  ( or crashes in the middle of loading windows),  remove memory stics. reset by pressing start button while there is no power to computer,  restart without memory sticks,  computer makes the beeping sound,  shut down, install memory stick(s) and hard drive (if had been removed), press start button,  pug in power, restart computer... screen should appear and hopefully will last for a while...

0 Kudos
Jazzy79
Level 1
13 12 0 0
Message 17 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

And Again GregK I am telling you I have done all these things and it doesnt work for me anymore. Let's face it now, Hp know whats wrong and they doing nothing about it end of story. Another thing also to use a laptop a customer shouldnt have to do all of that just to make a laptop work.

It should working the way it was when it was bought. If the laptop messes up if should be the persons fault who messed it up not a know hardware problem that's all over the internet telling people who had bought this brand laptop and others brand computers what the problem is and also other companies are doing something about it and HP isnt. I wonder do you work for HP??

Message Edited by Jazzy79 on 11-08-2009 06:14 AM
Message Edited by Jazzy79 on 11-08-2009 06:19 AM
0 Kudos
JonK
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 18 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Didn't help either one of mine....

Useless!!!

gregk
Level 2
27 27 0 1
Message 19 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Jazzy79,  I also bought one of these laptops back then,  and I also went thru the wireless death ( fixed that by buying a NETGEAR USB) and the possible motherboard mallfunction ( keep on bringing screen back to life with the technique above)...
0 Kudos
Jazzy79
Level 1
13 12 0 0
Message 20 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thats wonderful for you GregK but as I said time and time again that doesnt work for me at all My wireless had also went out but that was easy to fix but a USB wireless. but my hardware issue is the motherboard now. So I'm done with this topic:smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation