cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hlevene Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Defective Envy Hinge

Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Broken hinge, you know the story.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
17627 13041 251 985
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Defective Envy Hinge

@hlevene

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
hlevene Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Defective Envy Hinge

Thanks Kevin.
0 Kudos
hlevene Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Defective Envy Hinge

I'm yet to receive a message.

0 Kudos
KellyGonzii Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Defective Envy Hinge

HP has called and e-mailed me, but I cannot endure their process of trying to charge me money for THEIR defective products. These are images of my notebook. Being a senior high school and 1st year college student, I cannot afford to pay for other people's mistakes. My parents got me this as a birthday present; I have posted my story previously. I use this notebook for personal use, but mostly school work. I love everything about it, but the hinge KILLS me. I feel so embarassed in class to open/close the computer because it makes a noise! As the problems worsens, the fan gets really loud. One day when I tried to push it back together, it sparked and made an eletric noise, which scared the soul out of me! There is an indentation as shown in pic #4, of when I tried to push it back together with pliers after I shut down the computer, to prevent any electric harm/fire to myself. My notebook has never been dropped, but has acquired minor scratches since my case became dirty and I had to throw it out. I'm just posting again to include images of how my notebook is to relate to the situation of others. I am in the process of getting a new laptop and there is a high inclination towards a Macbook Pro. I urge everyone to leave honest reviews anywhere they can regarding their situation with this notebook series.

Model: HP Envy 17 Leap Motion SE NB PC (touchscreen) running Windows 10.
Intel Core i7, 12gb of RAM, and 1tb hard drive
purchased: December 2013**(I previously and erroneously stated 2014)
cost: $1000.00 instead of the $1050.00 it was advetised as at Sam's Club

side view when notebook is opendiagonal view back view of hinge/side when I attempt to close notebook

tried to fix with pliers (fail)

0 Kudos
Retired danny-r
Retired
8251 7100 141 470
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Defective Envy Hinge

@KellyGonzii

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation