cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kobrossy
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Deleted Windows 10 Store / Apps.

HP ENVY 17t-k000 CTO Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My problem is pretty annoying

So i'm running windows 10 (x64) and i'm not sure if this is a new option that came  with it or not since i didn't spend alot of time on the 8.1 OS before upgrading But i found a section under [settings - update and recovery - recovery] called Reset This PC which at the time seemed reasonable to fix an issue that was bothering me (which wasn't the case, but i ended up finding a solution for it after having messed up my PC) , So i chose to reset my pc with the option to Keep My Files

thisone.PNG 

And it did keep my files.  And it also did what was expected of it doing which was delete all Apps and settings , Except here's where my issue Comes in.. It deleted My Windows Store / All (literally all) apps that came on the PC i could'nt even open an Image without using Paint. I spent 2 days downloading and installing a lot of things that were needed for it to go back to being a Laptop but there still was this Store issue irritating me.  (Basically i didn't have a Store anymore)

123.PNG

And when i click to download an App from That Store this is what i get 

zxc.PNG

What i'm asking for is for a way to download the store again without having to reinstall Windows 10 or any kind of OS 

I tried the method with the PowerShell lines and i got some Green Backgrounded Color Lines Stating that things were perhaps successfull but even after a restart i still had the same issue. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Level 8
1,506 1,473 80 316
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

There is NO standalone Windows Store  you can download , the only way to correct the issue is to Repair Windows 10 or do a complete re-install of Windows 10 ... 

Only thing you could try is to do a SFC scan to see if there is some form of Corruption within your instalation .

To achieve this type   CMD into Cortana  .... Right click CMD and Run As Administrator .... next type    sfc /scannow and hit enter . The scan will take a while to complete but if there is any problems found then Windows should correct them .

NB ::  there is a space between  scf and / 

Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Level 15
Level 15
19,028 18,970 1,770 4,188
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You don't say what OS you're running.  Based on your comments, I have to presume it's Win8.x.

If that is true, read the tutorial from the Windows 8 forum:  http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/20291-windows-store-apps-troubleshooter-fix-apps-windows-8-a.ht...

Down near the bottom of that, there are additional links, including one about enabling and disabling the Store.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Kobrossy
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

^^'

Well.PNG

Well i guess i will have to reinstall Windows 10 , before i do so ima keep this post for a while to see if a solution can come up by some miracle .. Thanks guys. 

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you try the Windows 8 tutorial?

Did you try any of the other links in that page?

Kobrossy
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes but unofrtunately 

zxzxc.PNG

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, then try this version -- it's for Win10:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Kobrossy
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It says Troobleshooting couldn't identify the problem  

12.PNG

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK then, it looks like a clean-install of Win10 is the only thing that's going to solve the problem.

You need Win10 install media to do that, and it will erase the hard disk, removing all data, settings, and applications.

If you want to do that, the details for downloading are at the link: Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help

Highlighted
Level 8
1,506 1,473 80 316
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi
Clean install or repair install ( as pointed out in my original post ) is the only repair scenario possible to correct the APP issue . Did you try the SFC scan to see if corruption of files were the issue ? Also have you checked your Services are correctly utilized ? Have you checked for malware or Virus's on your machine which could ( possibility ) disabled Windows services ??

Checkurtech
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation