Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Display Upgrade

HP Recommended
Pavilion ab522tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade the display of my HP ab522tx laptop from HD to Full HD, IPS. Please inform me if this is possible.

If possible, please describe the procedure to procure the display and also an estimate of the cost. 

Further, please clarify if upgrading would void my warranty.

Model #:T0Z73PA

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
84,532 84,419 10,671 22,887
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

1. Please check from page #75 of the Maintenance and Service Guide on the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/9068229/model/9329819/manuals

2. After pick the right part number (including color), you can buy from HP Part store in your country and search online. You need an Authorized Service Provider parts to do this for you otherwise this will void warranty.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1. Correct, the manual says this is possible but this manual belongs to the Star Wars Special Edition Notebook.  Are you sure HP ab522tx too has the same manual?

2.I live in India. The parts surfur website doesn't show the display as orderable. Please advice me regarding any available service parts provider in Assam, India. 

I have written to Maxtone service Ltd. the autohrised parts provider to India, but haven't received any reply.

3. When I order the part(819999-001) by selecting United states as the country, it does become orderable but the price quoted is 966 USD. This is almost equivalent to the cost of a new laptop with the same specifications. I would want to know the price of the display in India.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
84,532 84,419 10,671 22,887
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't know other markets but that is true: i many cases, you need very little (money) for a better laptop when purchasing. But upgrading after purchasing a laptop would cost much more. Same for many products.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OMG! I wonder the cost I would incur replacing my failed laptop parts once they run out of warranty.

I never expected such sky high prices of spare parts! I ain't buying HP for my next upgrade , it'll cost me a bomb in the longer run.

Thanks for the input.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation