cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
IanKul
Level 1
6 4 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Display driver stopped responding and recovered - Spectre 360

Spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just in case someone is searching for a (sort of) solution to this problem:

Situation:

- New Spectre x360, came loaded with Windows 10. All updates (Windows and Intel and HP) done.

- When scrolling through some websites with Firefox, computer freezes for about 5 seconds, you get the message "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8(R) stopped responding and has sucessfully recovered"

- Open browser windows are black, but can be restored by minimising them then openeing them again

- Happens on a variety of websites. Ebay seems the best one to reproduce it, but this may be related to the amount of scrolling rather than any specific web content. Scrolling through eBay listings I get it about every thirty seconds

display driver stopped.png

I guess it's a driver problem, possibly waiting for a Windows 10 version. The solution for the moment is to use the Microsoft Edge browser.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
ZRX_Dave
Level 2
22 22 1 5
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

In Firefox go to options then advanced then general tab. Uncheck use hardware acceleration

0 Kudos
IanKul
Level 1
6 4 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks Dave, tried that this morning and went ten minutes without a problem.

Cheers, Ian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
agustinsilva
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello, how are you?

I was reading the posst because I have the same problem. However my problem is when I do scroll down using Miscrosoft Excel.

Any help you can give to me?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation