cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lexlagoon Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display flickers on and off

Compaq 15-s108na
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi Guys

I had to take my laptop apart to remove the CMOS battery.  

Ever since I got it back together again, at certain angles, the display will flicker totally off and on again (perhaps off for a quarter of a second at a time.)

Also, it often does not notice that I have shut it (put the screen to the keyboard.)

I can't see anything obviously wrong when I take a look inside again.

Any clues?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display flickers on and off

Hi @lexlagoon,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome.

I have looked into your issue about your Compaq 15-s108na Notebook and issues with the screen display flickering. I feel that this could be do to a connection. I would check the connections to the LCD screen.

Here is a link to a document that will help you troubleshoot the image on screen flickers, has lines or distorted colors.

Have you connected a monitor to the Notebook to check if it happens there as well?

If this does not display on the Monitor it could be a connection issue with the LCD screen or the inverter cable.

Please get back to me how this goes.

To thank me for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation