cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
74 53 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display too bright

HP Pavilion g7-2292nr Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just upgraded to Widows 10 from 8.1 and the display seems to be too bright or something.  For example, when I use Microsoft Word 2013 the characters seem to be not as dark.  If I bold them they are find.  I use two monitor with this laptop and if I put my word document on my other monitor the characters are perfect. How do I fix this?  Thank you

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
228 228 19 40
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display too bright

Hello @sheilabroderick,

Welcome back to the HP Forums!

I read your post about the display being too bright on your Pavilion g7-2292nr notebook since upgrading to Windows 10 and wanted to reach out to you.

If you haven't already, you should ensure all of the graphics drivers are up to date. This document will guide you through updating the drivers using Windows updates and the device manager. You may also find reverting the drivers back to a previous version can help.

Please get back to me how this goes. To show that you like, or are thankful of my post, kindly click the Thumbs up below.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
74 53 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display too bright

Yes, I have all the current drivers.  HP hooked up to my computer and verified before they upgraded to Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
228 228 19 40
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display too bright

Hi @sheilabroderick,

Thanks for getting back to me on the situation.

Since it seemed you did an automatic update of the drivers previously, you can try updating the display adapter driver by doing the following:

- Go to settings

- Select display (may be listed under system)

- Click Advanced display settings at the bottom

- Display adapter properties

- Click the properties button

- Select the Driver tab

- Click on Update driver

The same screen that allows you to update the driver may also allow you to Roll Back Driver which would take it back to a previous version. I have seen some situations where an older driver will resolve this issue.

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
74 53 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display too bright

I updated the driver but it did not seem to make a difference.  I also went into System Display and adjusted the brightness level and used ClearType Text.  tried to use Display Color Calibration and received an error.  Said An error occurred while display color calibration was preparing to calibrate the selected display.  Unspecified error.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation