Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ZBOOK 17 G3 and Thunderbolt 3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have installed latest firmware and drivers to / for HP ZBOOK 17 G3, HP Thunderbolt 3 dock, BIOS and Windows 10 X64. I went thru procedures as described on HP Support pages.

I have issues with dock before firmware upgrade, like one of two or both monitors are flickering right after connecting dock to Zbook, keyboard and mouse sudden stopped responding ... Issues were solved with disconnecting the dock USB C cable and connecting it back when this issue occuured.

After firmware upgrade situation is much worse. Now monitors are not recognised after connection dock cable to Zbook. I have to unplug both monitors from dock and plug them back to get Nvidia card / Windows knows for their connection. I have also to unplug mouse and plug it back on to get it working. There is even no power supply for mouse.

Situation is making me crazy, because I have to unplug all of this several times a day, making dock totally useless as fast connection of all periphery.

Another issue is when disconnecting the dock from Zbook, display on Zbook sometimes remains black. That issue was also with old firmware. Procedure when this happened was cycling the power on Zbook or restart Windows to get display working (for Windows restart I have to connect dock back to Zbook, but now I have to unplug and plug monitors to dock also to get picture ...).

Do you have any solution for upper problems? Is it possible to get and install old firmware - it was much easier to handle old problems than new ones?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.