Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Do I return the defective battery, or keep it?

HP Recommended
Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

So I chatted with a support representative, about my defective battery. He and I came to the conclusion that he would send me a replacement and I would have to send the original battery back. But after receiving the new battery, there was a letter that went alongside the new battery that stated: "Under this express parts program agreement, does not require the return of your original part".

So do I return the defective battery back or not? In the the Customer Support (where u can check your order online) under 'order status' it states: "Shipped, customer action required".

I am confused do I ship it back or keep it?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
83,959 83,850 10,555 22,636
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Normally we have to send the faulty part back. In this case, HP won't product batteries, it has one ot two suppliers and it needs to send all fautty batteries back to the manufacturer(s). That is normal business way.  

Hope this makes sense.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
11,219 2,191 436 154
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@phat118 wrote:

So I chatted with a support representative, about my defective battery. He and I came to the conclusion that he would send me a replacement and I would have to send the original battery back. But after receiving the new battery, there was a letter that went alongside the new battery that stated: "Under this express parts program agreement, does not require the return of your original part".

So do I return the defective battery back or not? In the the Customer Support (where u can check your order online) under 'order status' it states: "Shipped, customer action required".

I am confused do I ship it back or keep it?

You should see if you find a electronics recycler to take the battery back.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation