cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
RobertSK Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do I still need to install HP Sup. Asstnt recommended updates after upgrade to Win 10 Anniversary?

Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm just afraid that the updates such as WLAN driver or a high definition graphics driver (which actually failed before the Windows upgrade) will screw up something that is now working well.  Wouldn' t they have come with the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade? What about the TFS Windows 10 RE Recovery Manager Installer? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
9,795 8,645 704 3,176
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do I still need to install HP Sup. Asstnt recommended updates after upgrade to Win 10 Anniversary?

Hi @RobertSK

HP Support Assistant (HPSA) is good and useful software but it is not mandatory to keep or use. Your computer can function well even without it.  If you do not want/need it you can just uninstall it.

If your computer is functioning well not, I suggest you do not touch it and no, you do not necessary need to install new updates.

You can update drivers manually [installer taken from HP website], by using HPSA or by using Windows Update/Device manager

Let me know if this helps. Do not hesitate to post again if you face difficulties.

****  Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
****  Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional

0 Kudos
RobertSK Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. Very helpful. I had clicked on an update to WLAN driver in HP Assistant a few days ago and afterwards had issues with browsers not opening pages linked-to by Google search hits. Other computers at home were behaving normally. May have been something else, maybe the HP Envy computer downloading without my knowledge Window's pushed Anniversary upgrade. At least as of last night after the upgrade, which took an entire day, browsing seems back to normal. Cross my fingers.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation