cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ciaroman23
Level 2
18 15 0 0
Message 11 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do Not Buy HP Notebooks

I agree 100%. I won't be buying HP products as well since I got burned... $1500 down the toilet... and they hidthe issue and lawsuit... that is messed up. Actually if I hadn't been trying to solve an issue with my desktop, I would've never seen anything on this at all... 

Glad I researched on the laptop. I doubt I'd buy WD external HDs either... had 2 of them... 1 lasted 2 months, the other 3 months... almost lost ALL of my important files that I did not have backed up... could've lost them forever had I not had a desktop. Would've had to pay high dollars to retrieve them, but thankfully I found out how to pry open the casing & remove the HD. Installed in desktop and retrieved 90% of them back. 

Too bad I won't be able to do anything about my laptop now... sucks for me....

0 Kudos
SeraveeGN-008
1 1 0 0
Message 12 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do Not Buy HP Notebooks

I completely agree. I have a DV7-1150 and here are the details...

Replaced OS from Vista to 7 due to my computer hanging at a black screen for about an hour after boot, HP didn't want to help because my warranty was up...luckily the PX in Iraq had some copies of 7 available.

Had replace the primary HDD which failed when I was overseas again.

Downloaded a BIOS update from HP (forgot which ver.) which bricked my computer and all attempts to reflash the BIOS failed which resulted in me having to get another motherboard installed.  I know this is way too much money to put into a laptop but I've had this thing almost my entire time in the military but after dealing with other peoples HP machines (defective wifi adapters, D.O.A. screens, hard drives clocking out early without even a SMARTER. warning etc...) I'm done with HP. I would respect HP if they admitted the products are defective but seeing how the completely abandon responsibility for it is why I'll never buy another.

0 Kudos
THATGUY1989
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do Not Buy HP Notebooks

AWWWWWW! where do i start? this company is a all together joke, my laptop is still under waranty still no help hard drive crashed 3 months after i got this pos! They thankfully fixed the hard drive but didnt upgradeto windows 8 like they said they would even though i bought this dv6t-7000 with in the honnor grace perriod to get the upgrade for free anyway. This company doesnt stick to there word and the employees dont give a crap about customer service not to mention 98.3% dont speak english. All together i give them a 3 out of 10 only because they did fix the hard drive.

bought july 31 212 today is dec 10 2012

PS. THE BATTERY WONT WORK SILL. IT STOPED WORKING AFTER I GOT MY LAP TOP BACK

Thank you,

Tyler {personal info removed}

0 Kudos
User5154
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do Not Buy HP Notebooks

I recently bought a HP notebook with an i5 Intel Core Processor, 1 TB hard drive, integrated HD 4000 Graphics Card and a 6GB RAM. I've had the laptop 3 months now and already I have software issues. The main OS of the laptop is Windows 8 and it was running fine when I first got it; but now it' pathetic, With a 6GB RAM my laptop should be processing programmes in an instant-but this is not the case. MY laptop crashes regularly, programmes run slowly, I have unenforced errors appearing constantly which ask if I would like to send crash reports to HP-Which never solves any problems. HP is utterly useless, I actually bought a TOSHIBA laptop for my wife which is great although the specs are less, it actually works better.

To conclude this dialogue:-

DO NOT BUY A HP LAPTOP. BUY A SAMSUNG, LENOVA, TOSHIBA OR SOMETHING ELSE BUT NOT A HP ONE!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
fowex
1 1 0 0
Message 15 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do Not Buy HP Notebooks

Hi all, and here is my thread of **bleep** on HP head.

So I bought hp pro book 4540s, and before I had DELL laptop... and now I hate all in HP laptop: their quality, their design... 

How is it possible to make so bad product... I found a lot of bad pixels on display, they just appear... Also I hate keyboard - I had to fix it manualy, because it wasn't in it's place... And when I press button all keyboard goes down with pressed key. Why it's so soft?!?!?!?!!?

Display frame doesn't fix - I almost open it with nail, and why it cloes not propertly???????!!?!?!?!?!

HP designer please cut your hand and throw them away !!!!!! I hate you HP and will never, never and never again buy your **bleep**iest laptops.

I'm very angry because of you!!!! and wish you to use only ur laptops for all your life!!!!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation