cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Does Anyone Know What This Loud Buzzing Sound in my HP Chromebook Is?

HP Recommended
HP Chromebook 14-Q029wm
Chrome OS

I recently purchased a refurbished HP Chromebook 14, (which is unfortunately out of warranty).

Twice in the past week a loud buzzing sound has occurred on the right side edge (near the power, SD card, USB and sim card ports).

It has required that I power the Chromebook down in order to get it to stop.

I'm attaching a link of the video on my Google Drive where the sound can be heard.

The Chromebook doesn't feel warm when it occurs; it's such an odd noise, it doesn't sound (to me anyway) like typical fan noise.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6gwHRXpCoTxUUpya2hvb1kwVDA/view?usp=sharing

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this? Any help is much appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 333
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ImPrincesspooh,

Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that you got a loud buzzing sound from the right side edge of your Chromebook. I wanted to help with that.

Here is the link of the Maintenance and Service Guide of this Chromebook.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

You may consider running hardware test:

HP Chromebook and Chromebox - Troubleshooting Hardware Issues Using Diagnostics

Let me know the outcome of those tests.

To say thank you, click on the "thumb up". Accept the post as solution, if your problem solved, so other people have the same issue can see it.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation