Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP SimpleSave Portable Drive
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I contacted HP about using their Simple Save Portable external drive to back up my MacBook Pro computer.  The reps responded to my questions as to how to use SimpleSave with a MacOS operating system, found issues with my laptop and connected me with Jinigram.  $200.00 later with Jinigram having remote acccess to my computer, I became concerned that I may have someow been connected with or intercepted by a computer scam outfit. Has anyone else had contact with Jinigram through HP?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Its a scam..call your bank and dispute a raise..

HP Recommended

I was just duped byt this scan. Have already contacted my bank to dispute. When you google "HP Support" their number shows up. I don't know how they have been able to do this and someone needs to stop them.

HP Recommended

I had the same scam done to me. I was having trouble with my HP printer so I thought I was calling HP. As it turns out it was the HP website (I thought) but it was HP with jinigram's phone number. Don't know how they can do that but they did I was tTo make a long story shorter old they will do my technical problem still thinking they were HP.  To make a long story shorter I was told they will fix my printer for 130$ or a 1Yr contract for 199.99. Of course I paid the 199.99. After checking reviews(which I should have done in the first place) I found that I had been scammed. They have nothing to do with HP and they are lying, crooked scammers. I disputed the charge and after months Chase decided to close the dispute so I never got my money back. Don't know what they told Chase but I guess it was a good story. They were able to get my money no matter how much information I sent them. I even sent a letter from HP that they had nothing to do with Jinigram. Be careful people. They will take your money and have nothing to do with HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.