Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion DV6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dolby Home Theater V4 is not working on my computer after upgrading to Windows10.

Clicking Dolby Icon at Control Panel will give message "Cannot find .startup file!"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try the following IDT HD Audio v6.10.6498.0 driver packages from either sp65012.exe or sp65196.exe

Just run either one normally (meaning NO Win7 nor Win8 compatibility mode needed) and it should install the IDT audio 6498 driver on Win10 and reboot.

Then after the IDT audio driver is installed, google search for the DolbyHomeTheater.msi file v7.2.7000.4.

I think Lenovo has the Dolby Home Theater v4 application software downloads either here or here.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi @jodpar2002,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook and issues with Dolby Home Theater V4 not working correctly. You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!

I would be happy to assist if needed as there are many models of HP Pavilion dv6 Notebooks, I would need the model number.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!:smileyhappy:.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

My HP Model is:

HP Pavilion dv6-6120se Entertainment Notebook PC

Model #:QF456EA

Serial #:[Personal Information Removed]

I tried Windows Update trouble shoooter and give me answer "Service registration missing or corrupt! Not Fixed"

HP Recommended

Hey @jodpar2002,

First, try to click the Windows icon, type services in the Search box, and then click or tap View Local Services. Scroll down to the Windows Installer. Startup type should be - Automatic, and Service Status should be - started
Restart the computer after this step and try installing again.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Windows Installer. Startup type is always -Manual. Service Status is -Stopped.

I tried to Start the service and install, same result.

HP Recommended

Hey @jodpar2002,

You will have to reinstall Windows 10 on this Notebook. Something in the registry  is corrupt or having an issue. The Windows installer is off and needs to be on Automatic and Started to work.  Here is a link from Microsoft on performing a Clean installation of Windows 10.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

After clean installation of Win 10, Dolby Home Theater V4 icon is gone.

HP Recommended

Hey @jodpar2002,

Try updating the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver and Software.

Before you updated did you check to see if the system would update all software and drivers?

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver and Software are gone also.

HP Recommended

Hey @jodpar2002,

You could try sp55094.exe. There are no drivers created for Windows 10 and this system.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.