Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Just got the Stream 13 last week, and in the process of downgrading it to Windows 7 (When will HP realize that all the crap they put in their computers is not tolerated by many consumers? They leave us with the choice of paying someone to remove it or doing it yourself, which automatically opens the door to other issues, leading to a clean install).

Anyway, I attempted to downgrade using the same methods used for my Pavillion and other Notebooks, and as usual, it created bigger problems for me.
1. I managed to transfer Win 7 to a usb boot disk, - necessary as Stream has no cd/dvd  -but now, it's asking for drivers before continuing with the install.

2. I can't get to the bios, and that's after repeated attempts at disabling and enabling the secure boot, going legacy, and doing all those things that usually worked on other Hp notebooks. It takes me as far as what the rolled back bios would be  (F.13), then it says it can't because of drivers or imaging issues. Yes, I did remove the recovery, only because when doing the clean install with the Pavillion, it did it with no problems.

Can anyone direct me on this? I really don't want the recovery disc, chip or whatever it is they're selling right now, and I've always been able to do this in the past, with help from people here at hp.

Thanks in advance.

KCKay

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, I'm not sure why Windows 7 is asking for drivers during the installation.  You might still have driver issues after the installation however since there might not be all the Windows 7 drivers available for the Stream 13.  I read about a few people here trying to install Windows 7 on the Stream laptops, I'm not sure how they made out. 

If you just want to get rid of HP's bloatware, you might download the Windows 10 installation media from Microsoft and do a fresh install with that?

HP Recommended

Good idea! Thanks alot

@kyle_b wrote:

Hi, I'm not sure why Windows 7 is asking for drivers during the installation.  You might still have driver issues after the installation however since there might not be all the Windows 7 drivers available for the Stream 13.  I read about a few people here trying to install Windows 7 on the Stream laptops, I'm not sure how they made out. 

If you just want to get rid of HP's bloatware, you might download the Windows 10 installation media from Microsoft and do a fresh install with that?

HP Recommended

Kckcay

Unfortunately, there are no HP Win7 drivers for your laptop.

The oldest Windows version that came preinstalled on your PC was Windows 8.1. You are going to encounter serious problems as there are often no older drivers for the new hardware that comes with new machines. Since it came with Win10 preinstalled, HP does not supply drivers for older operating systems for it.  If you want full functionality for the machine, you need to consider restoring it to its original preinstalled OS version.

Some driver alternatives you can pursue are listed below ...

You can try using Windows Updates to find drivers from the Microsoft repositories for your device: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03330139

If Windows Update doesn't yield new drivers, you can pursue alternative that are described in the linked Microsoft Windows Insider Community thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-upd...

If you then run into trouble installing drivers through Windows Update, you can try using Microsoft's Windows Update Troubleshooter: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/open-the-windows-update-troubleshooter

Good Luck

========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol; if they helped solve your problem, please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Infact I need windows 7 64bit drivers fro HP Envy 13 d000ns laptop

I downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 64bit and it can't even detect usb drive.

Please I need help urgently

HP Recommended
Yes. Totally. Both HP laptops I bought 2 years ago were so full of garbage I had to reset them. Wth.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.