cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Localyocal
Level 3
42 22 1 3
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Downloaded New Support Assistant...Need COOLSense BADLy wont download from follow alert to get it..

dv7 LW170UA3ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

uninstalled HPSA ..Reinstalled from a link here...Its working so far...Except I really really need my CoolSense .typed in the name window exp.and solution option to download new version show but it wont respond when I click it...my machine is HOT..running a blow dryer on it...help

update   I download coolsence...install it  but it wont setup...my machine needs this or it will over heat...1,000$ out the door.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 955 2,197
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Downloaded New Support Assistant...Need COOLSense BADLy wont download from follow alert to get it..

Hi @Localyocal

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion dv7-6195us Notebook and the CoolSense Technology not working correctly. Here is a link to download the software that will manage the CoolSense.

I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings which should resolve the heating issue.

Please note remove any and all USB devices before troubleshooting. Disconnect all non-essential devices

Here is a document on overheating which could possible could be a fan issue and will cause the Notebook to heat up faster than normal. 

Hope something here helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation