Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
WhatdoIcare Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Downloading messages and updates Definition

HP G60-235DX Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

HP Support Assistant -  When checking for updates and messages the Laptop connects properly to the HP Servers, However when Downloading messages and updates Definitions it continues to run without finishing.  Task Manager shows it still running.  It's been over an hour now.

2 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1895
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @WhattoIcare,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I grasp that the HP Support Assistant connects to the HP servers but it unable to complete the downloads. You let it run overnight, but it never finished.

Please note what is being updated. Here is a link to HP G60-235DX Notebook PC Software and Drivers. When I selected Windows 10, I noticed that it is not been tested on your model and the outcome is unknown. I suggest you look under Windows 7 for the updates previously noted.  You could try installing the update in compatibility mode should there be a difficulty.  Compatibility Mode (from tenforums.com).

Please let me know the outcome.

Please click the"Thumbs Up" below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums! 

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
WhatdoIcare Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Turns out I downloaded the Newest Version and uninstalled the older versions of Support Assistant.  Once that was done and the new version installed the same issue occurred.  I didn't find out until I found the check for newer versions that upgrades to this version needed to be installed over the lastest base version.  I rebooted the Machine and everything worked fine.  We can Close this Ticket

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation