Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (219 Views)

Driver installation problem HP pavilion 15 n010ek

Hello,
I have just bought a HP Pavilion 15 n010ek and it is under FreeDOS. I installed Windows 7 Professional.
I wanted to start instlaling the missing drivers (i.e the network driver Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter). I downloaded it on my old laptop and copied it on the new one and launched it. The installation window appears and I follow some instructionsthen nothing happens. Another window appears saying the program might have been incorrectly installed. I tried the compatibility mode to reinstall it and nothing happens. Help please! I literally can do nothing with this laptop If I do not install the drivers.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (212 Views)

Re: Driver installation problem HP pavilion 15 n010ek

Hi:

Are you sure the notebook has the Ralink wireless card?

The support and driver page shows many different model wireless and bluetooth drivers...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5442...

In order for me to determine what model wireless card your notebook has (if you do not know), please do the following...

Go to the device manager, find the Other Devices category, and click on the Network Controller needing drivers.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window.

Now you see a Property drop down list and it is defaulted to Device Description.

Drop down on that and select the second item on the list (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that begin with PCI\VEN.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation