cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
John2k
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Driver sp56805.exe = 404 Not Found on HP's website. For DV7-7115nr

Video driver sp56805.exe for the DV7-7115nr returns a 404 Not Found error page on the HP website.  The link was on the software page for the Dv7-7115nr, so not an outside resource linking in.

The missing driver is supposed to be at:

http://whp-aus2.cold.extweb.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56805.exe

Posting this so a HP support person can hopefully fix this issue so the driver can be downloaded.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
John2k
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just wanted to report this issue so any HP people can fix.

For the DV7-7115nr Laptop, there are 2 audio driver downloads available.  One is version 1 and the other is version 6.10.6381.0

The file for the audio driver version 6.10.6381.0 returns a 404 Not Found error.  http://whp-aus2.cold.extweb.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56001-56500/sp56429.exe

So the only one available now for download is version 1 of the driver.  Which is a little worrisome since version 1 seems quite far away from version 6.10.6381.0

If possible, please fix the link so the newest version of these audio drivers can be downloads.

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
46,546 40,809 4,425 11,528
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will let HP know about the dead link.

What is the operating system?

If you have the HP recovery mananager installed, you can install it from within a Windows login.

If you have recovery media you can use the reinstall drivers option to install the AMD graphics driver softpaq.

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
Please accept as solution if my post or reply was the information you needed to resolve your issue.

You can say thanks for my response by clicking on the blue thumbs up.

Take a moment of your time, as we volunteers have done, by returning to your thread to let us know if we helped you or not.
0 Kudos
John2k
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is strange.

I posted two separate support forum threads, one specifically regarding the video driver and the other specifically regarding the audio driver.

But now both questions are listed under the discussion regarding my video driver.

Why is that?

I'm sure it means that they were merged.  But now my question about the audio driver will no longer be listed as a question.

Being that they are separate issues I figured it would make most sense from a forum organizational standpoint that they be addressed separately.  Now this discussion will probably get mixed up and I'm probably less likely to get responses about the audio driver.

0 Kudos
John2k
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Operating system is Windows 7 64-bit.

I downloaded the HP Recovery Manager Application program from the software downloads page for my laptop.  Got the following window message when I tried to install it:

"Softpaq does not apply to the system, no HP Recovery Manager installed."

I tried installing both the video and audio drivers with the HP Support Assistant, which simply tries to get them from the same place.  So that install fails due to the missing files as well.

I do not have the recovery media, although, I might consider purchasing it.

I did get the video driver sorted out using AMD's website.  AMD made getting the appropriate driver extremely easy, so I went with that one.

Still would like to get the most recently updated audio driver, though.

0 Kudos
John2k
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oddly enough, it turns out that the Audio driver shown as being version 1 is actually version 6.10.6418.0... which apparently is the newer version!!!

HP really, seriously, needs to have people watching the DETAILS of this sort of stuff a little more closely.  Missing files, duplicate files with different names, incorrect version and file details, etc.  All that makes self-serve support a bit more difficult and probably increases support costs as well.

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
46,546 40,809 4,425 11,528
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Insted of adding post after post by yourself, try using the post options --> edit feature to edit a post. 

I have let HP know about about both instances of dead softpaq URLs that you reported.

This is the holiday period and HP shuts down to a skeleton crew during this period to allow employeees to enjoy time with family and friends.

Please be patient.

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
Please accept as solution if my post or reply was the information you needed to resolve your issue.

You can say thanks for my response by clicking on the blue thumbs up.

Take a moment of your time, as we volunteers have done, by returning to your thread to let us know if we helped you or not.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation