Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This is a pretty neat notebook!

Thanks for the video.

I think that you are correct.

With the right operating system, some of the devices such as the touch screen feature should just work for you.

I was hoping that maybe your notebook didn't have the right video driver and installing that would fix the touch screen.

Did you install the nForce chipset driver?  You should definitely install that.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-51717-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

I posted the W7 Quick Launch Buttons driver above which I hope should work with your notebook.

HP Recommended

thanks, i only found out about the touchscreen capability today while reading through problems other users have encountered.

I dont know if i downloaded the driver you have mentioned, can you tell me how to check. 

also i went to install the Quick Launch Buttons and it came up with this message "2) A RAID controller driver which is required if SATA RAID is ENABLED in BIOS" this is talking about a previous driver have downloaded.

the NVDIA IDE SW Driver

I remebered you mentioning about BIOs so i thought i would ask you if i should carry on installing this driver or not.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

Hi:

Install the QLB driver I posted.  The version I posted has support for Windows 7.

Do not use the Vista QLB driver from your PC's support and driver page.

The drive controller in your PC is not set to RAID.

It is set to IDE, so that message has no impact to your PC.

HP Recommended

hi again, 

i have installed the driver,unfortunitly the quick launch buttons still do not work. 

i am also wondering how i would get the touchscreen feature back. 

once again thank you for your ongoing help

HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that version didn't work.

Unfortunately, I don't know what you will be able to do to get those features to work.

I have looked at some of those other threads, and I don't see where anyone has gotten the tx1xxx model to completely function when running Windows 7.

It just may not be possible.

HP Recommended

Would you think it would be best for me to reinstall windows vista in this case then. 

if so could you provide me with a link where i can make a copy of the windows vista home premuim disc. 

i have a legal product key, but i do not have the disc anymore. 

i am greatful for all your help so far. 

HP Recommended

Yes, I think you should try Vista and see if you can get everything to work using the available drivers.

I posted the instructions to make he Vista installation media on one of my prior posts above.

The instructions will guide you through making a bootable USB flash drive to install Vista. You will need a 4 GB flash drive.

It is a long document that has a lot of other info, so you can just start reading beginning on page 289.

I made a bootable Vista flash drive using the instructions provided.

I tested it as going as far as to the Vista install screen.  It seemed to work just fine.

The important thing is to make sure you download all 3 of the files needed to the same folder.

Good luck, and please post back and let us know if you got everything to work using Windows Vista.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.