cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kuhu
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

Drivers for compaq 15-s001tu notebook pc

HP Recommended

have bought compaq15-s001tu with preloaded dos. now i have loaded windows 7 home basic 32 bit. but i am unable to find drivers for network adaptor, bluetooth etc. please help.

12 REPLIES 12
omal
Level 1
5 4 1 2
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your problems solved ?. I have the same issue i'm trying to install windows 7 64 bit. but there is no network and bluetooth dirver. I made compalint two days back till now no aswers

0 Kudos
Mahavir_India1
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same here. I have purchased this laptop last week. but still not able to get drivers for network

0 Kudos
lasvegaswireman
Level 15
9,487 9,432 1,671 4,706
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP doesn't appear to be supporting the use of 32-bit operating system with this model and drivers may not be available. Many Windows 64-bit drivers for this model can be found on the Compaq 15-s001tu Notebook PC Drivers page. Please post (just the text) the Windows Device Manager's "Hardware Ids" for all remaining missing or unknown devices, as shown in the example below;

device manager.png

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
omal
Level 1
5 4 1 2
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

At last I got the resolution Compaq 15-s001TU comes with pre loaded free dos. If you are going to upgrade to windows 8, I believe you won’t find any difficulties in finding drivers from HP product support page. But in case of windows 7 you won’t get the LAN, Wifi and Bluetooth driver from main support page since HP made this model to be worked with windows 8. They provide some generic drivers for above mentioned missing drivers. First of all let me unravel the chipset manufactures details for this model which is not mentioned in anywhere (not even in product catalogue).

Blue tooth – Ralink Chipset

Wifi – Ralink Wifi

LAN – Realtek Chipset

Card Reader – Realtek

Chipset – Intel

USB3 – Intel chipset

I have contacted the HP support for solving the missing driver issue; you can use the following links to get the missing drivers for windows 7 64bit Professional edition

Ralink bluetooth 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-119299-1

Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-111782-1 

Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-130504-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Intel USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-134312-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Realtek Card Reader Driver 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-134096-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

If you are using any other os please contact HP support they will provide instant resolution.

0 Kudos
yogeshp
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

Please provide me List and link for all the drivers which I need to install on windows 7 64 bit

and

provide me link for Graphic driver. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-134230-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

the link provided here is not working

0 Kudos
omal
Level 1
5 4 1 2
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Dear yogesh the drivers on default product support page works fine for me. Download all the given version s and try to install that, if still the problem persists plz let me know.

Regards

Omal bose
0 Kudos
hemanth2208
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi

I have bought this laptop installed win 7 ultimate and wireless drivers . wireless networks are getting detected but couldn't connect to any network . same Problem with windows 8.1 as well . some help regarding the issue please . thanks in advance

Regards ,

Hemanth
0 Kudos
Oshan
3 3 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I bought it yesterday. have installed intel HD graphic driver mentioned on the product page. but that doesnt help. Someone please share the link to the graphic drivers for this system. the brightness is just too much otherwise..

0 Kudos
Oshan
3 3 0 0
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Oshan wrote:

Hi,

I bought it yesterday. have installed intel HD graphic driver mentioned on the product page. but that doesnt help. Someone please share the link to the graphic drivers for this system. the brightness is just too much otherwise..

forgot to mention, i have windows 7 64 bit installed

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation