Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Maxzimum Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers needed to downgrade to Windows 7 64bit

HP pavilion 15-p109ni
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Good day

I want to downgrade my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7, however I fear that I won't be able to get the drivers needed for Windows 7 64 bit, for example beats audio, cyberpunk media suite etc.

Please assist me on which drivers would be suitable for my machine when I do downgrade to Windows 7 64 bit.

This is urgent...!!!

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
102403 14255 21905
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to use all of the W7 x64 drivers and software from the 15t-p000, except the BIOS and firmware files.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-p000-Notebook-PC-series/6936226/model...

0 Kudos
Maxzimum Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Aren't the BIOS and firmware important too?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
102403 14255 21905
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not unless you are having issues with your notebook's hardware that the BIOS and firmware updates fix.

Your notebook model is not supported by HP for W7, and the BIOS and firmware files are strictly for the 000 series.

Installing any of those files will most likely cause your notebook to quit working altogether.

You would have to use the ones from your notebook's support page, and if they are not written to support Windows 7, the above statement applies as well...your notebook will quit working altogether.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation