cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dct1954
Level 1
12 7 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Dual Band wifi adapter card needed for HP Pavilion DV7-6157cl, product # LW465UA#ABA

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
Windows 7

I would like to replace a a single band wifi adapter with a dual Band wifi adapter card for an HP Pavilion DV7-6157cl product # LW465UA#ABA.  Processor = AMD A6-3400M.

Help?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 3,784 961 1,156
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @dct1954

I called support and they confirm that even as it shows that this will be compatible there would be an issue. They recommend to use a  USB dongle  to give you the 5Ghz you require.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 3,784 961 1,156
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @dct1954  ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion dv7-6157cl Entertainment Notebook PC and issues with the Wireless card.  Here is a link to your service manual Page 70. It shows you what is available and compatible with your Notebook.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
dct1954
Author
Level 1
12 7 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I appreciate your response but basically your response implies that there is no dual band  wifi adapter card for the HP Pavilion DV7-6157cl, product # LW465UA#ABA. As best I can tell none of these wifi cards are dual band compatible for an AMD processor.

Am I right?

dct1954
Author
Level 1
12 7 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Intel wifi cards(based on what I've read) will not work with an AMD processor.  Are you implying it will? Is there a bios update that would enable this?

again I sincerely appreciate your interaction as I'd love to be able to utilize 5.0ghz on my laptop.

Thanks.

Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 3,784 961 1,156
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @dct1954

I called support and they confirm that even as it shows that this will be compatible there would be an issue. They recommend to use a  USB dongle  to give you the 5Ghz you require.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

dct1954
Author
Level 1
12 7 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would like to say that it really dissappoints me in HP not offering a wifi adapter card for this AMD processor application.  It would seem like they could come up with a solution besides the USB dongle.  Any chance of that?

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation