Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Rutherfordium Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

EFI partition shows up as local disk

Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

SInce I updated HP Support Assistant I have a small problem. 

The EFI boot partition now shows up in This PC as a Local Disk (Z: ). In Disk Management it has no drive letter assigned. 

Unlike others on this forum and elsewhere, I did not encounter this after trying to add a printer. Nor does my Z: drive disappear again after reboot. 

I would like to get back to the previous situation where this partition is hidden under Windows. 

disks.jpg

disks2.jpg

3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1895
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Hi@Rutherfordium,

Welcome to the  HP Forum! Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that after updating the HP Support Assistant that the EFI boot partition now shows in This PC with drive letter Z but when you open disk management there is no drive letter assigned.

Please try these steps to resolve this difficulty.

• Open charms and type Diskpart
  • Open diskpart
  • Find the volume you want to hide and note it number
  • Type select volume and the number of the drive
  • enter remove and press enter

Please let me know if the outcome.

If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the Thumbs Up” below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Rutherfordium Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

Thank you for the response. 

I was going to follow your suggestion, but the problem seems to have resolved itself after a series of Windows Updates. 

Retired
Retired
14461 711 1895
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

Hi @Rutherfordium,

Thank you for the update and I am glad it all  worked out.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation