Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bill_Ving Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks down entire wireless network when on

ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

A problem has recently developed with my Envy notebook.   About 2 weeks ago my entire wireless network began slowing down when on it.   Noticeable on all devices.    When my provider came out, checked and tweaked some issues it appeared to be ok.   I went on with my daughers HP laptop and was drawing 20-24 mbps all over the house.

When I reconnected mine to the system I was only pulling 6, 3, 5, up and down.   It doesn't start right away but after a few minutes.   So I put my duaghers right next ot mine and low and behold, when I ran her's it pulled 3 - 6 also.   So I turned my wi-fi off and hers' popped right back up.   I have also tried this with an old XP mini, my i-pads etc.   As soon as mine gets on the network the speed crashes.    This also happens with no one else home and no other devies conncted.

I have downloaded the latest up to date Intel driver for this network adapter and it hasn't changed anything.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
13086 1230 2895
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks down entire wireless network when on

Bill_Ving

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about wireless networking poor performance and wanted to help.

My immediate guess is that you might have mixed-mode networking going on.  This happens when you have two different PCs networking in two different modes -- one using "G", the other using "N".  The wireless router (or access point) can optimize performance for either mode, but not for both.  So, the "G" mode drags down the performance of the "N" mode PC, but even worse, with the router set for mixed modes, it performs more slowly than with either PC connected by itself.

Here are some other troubleshooting steps you can try: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8) | HP® Customer Support

Good Luck

========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation