cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cape-Lady Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elite Pad 900G1 Product Information no valid

When the tablet starts up the following screen appears,

Product information no valid

the following product information programmed int the system board is missing or invalid

System Board (00A0) Product Name

System Board (00A) Product Serial number,

System Board (00A) product Number,

System Board (00A) Product Family,

System Board (00A) CT nmber

please visit www.hp.com\go\techcentr\startup

I have attached a keyboard and tried F11 = Recovery, the blue windows pane appears, there is a circle that keeps spinning ....but after 2 hours nothing happens.

I have tried F1 - System Information

F2 - System Diagnostics, F9 Boot Otions nothing happens .

Warranty expired March 2014

I got into the System Diagnostics and the only thing that is not reporting is: System Information.

How do I edit this with this so the correct information is displayed?

Why is this stopping Windows from loading?

Does this mean the internal MB is shot/doa and i need to replace it? All suggestions

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Tutor Mandy_33 Tutor
Tutor
18 18 0 3
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I beleive the system informations like serial number and product number need to update in the bios.

For this you may have to contact the authorised serive provider in you place and get it done from them.

They should have a tool by using that they will be able to update the system informtions. system board replacement is not necessary. This tool is not available for public only ASP will have this tool.

Please reply for further queries.
GoneSouth Tutor
Tutor
20 19 0 4
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree 100% with Mandy on this one! The system ID and other parameters are programmed into the Bios. This infomation includes a DPK (digital product key) that allows one to load the operating system. You should contact HP support concerning this poroblem, they should be able to help you.

Good luck!

mity99 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
40 40 0 8
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You will need to contact HP support. HP BIOS Configuration Utility will not allow you to brand the device. To brand, you will need to contact HP technical support.

I work for HP.

***If my post helped, click the purple thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
belal1994
Visitor
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

belal adwan welcoem

@Cape-Lady wrote:

When the tablet starts up the following screen appears,

Product information no valid

the following product information programmed int the system board is missing or invalid

System Board (00A0) Product Name

System Board (00A) Product Serial number,

System Board (00A) product Number,

System Board (00A) Product Family,

System Board (00A) CT nmber

please visit www.hp.com\go\techcentr\startup

I have attached a keyboard and tried F11 = Recovery, the blue windows pane appears, there is a circle that keeps spinning ....but after 2 hours nothing happens.

I have tried F1 - System Information

F2 - System Diagnostics, F9 Boot Otions nothing happens .

Warranty expired March 2014

I got into the System Diagnostics and the only thing that is not reporting is: System Information.

How do I edit this with this so the correct information is displayed?

Why is this stopping Windows from loading?

Does this mean the internal MB is shot/doa and i need to replace it? All suggestions

0 Kudos
Regents Professor Regents Professor
Regents Professor
3,701 3,653 302 677
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The missing information should not stop the tablet from booting.

I work for an authorized service provider and have used the tool to put that information into a machine but the machine was still booting windows.

Even if your digital product key is missing Windows would still boot but after 35 boots she would get an error message saying you needed to input a key.

In your case you might need a motherboard, but your hard drive functionality is part of the motherboard so you would need to reload the operating system too.

For reference the digital product key only applies if you're running Windows 8, Windows 7 does not use a digital key.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
3,701 3,653 302 677
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One more thing, the software tool do you use to put the product information into the system board runs under windows so if Windows doesn't boot you can't put the information into the system.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
30 29 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hiya guys.

My tablet has exactly the same problem. HP are saying it's a faulty motherboard but having run a diagnostics test on the tablet it passes everything including the board. I suspect it to be a software problem
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regents Professor
3,701 3,653 302 677
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The machine has lost some data that should be stored in the DMI information section of the CMOS.

I saw it happen once on a coworker's tablet but since we are an HP authorized company I had the software tool required to put the information back in.

Most machines would have been locked and not allow ed me to put the information back in but in this case I was able to.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation