cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ThaximusPrime Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EliteBook 840 G1- Touchscreen randomly stopped working

Good morning, Forum.

I was randomly working on my laptop this morning, and the touchscreen stopping registering my touch.  I didn't realize just how much I would use the touchscreen and has now become a very vital way I interact with my laptop.

I have looked and it seems there is almost no information out there (from my basic search) to help with this type of issue.  I do not have a Pen and Touch setting in my Control Panel (the only "help" I could find), so I am not sure if there is a toggle that I somehow disabled.   I don't see anything that  oudl switch this off and on via my Function key.

Can anyone please provide some info?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
7336 6300 358 762
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EliteBook 840 G1- Touchscreen randomly stopped working

Hello @ThaximusPrime,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how your notebook computer's TouchScreen had randomly stopped working, and I would be happy to guide you towards a resolution!

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure, I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums, since this is a commercial product. You can do this at:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-HP-ProBook-EliteBook/bd-p/bsc-274

I hope this helps!

Regards 🙂 

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation