cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
8 6 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

EliteBook 840 G3 Bluetooth Drivers for Imaging

HP Recommended
EliteBook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We have a hardware independant imaging process that we use to inject model-specific drivers into our base image as part of the deployment process.  Sometimes that means having to get creative in order to extract the drivers from either a working machine or the driver installers.  However, I cannot seem to figure this out for the 840 G3's bluetooth (Intel Wireless Bluetooth 8260).  It would seem that Intel used to post drivers in zip files for 'IT Professionals' but stopped doing so in 2014.  The only way I've managed to get the hardware properly working is to run their installer which kind of defeats the hardware independant bit.  Anyone else come across this and successfully deploying this model?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
1,011 1,011 58 121
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BT is one of those drivers that currently require install beyond a basic inf file. The Intel BT driver can be installed as an app after your drivers, with the following command (driver unpacked and setup inside of package)

[Install Execution]
Install="InstMultiPkg.exe"
SilentInstall="InstMultiPkg.exe" /silent

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
Highlighted
Level 2
15 13 1 3
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We also ran into the exact same issue, both with 840 G3 and 800 G2 AiO for this Intel Bluetooth. The only two options are:

1. As soccer_dan suggested install as an app

2. Preconfigure disable BT in BIOS (in our case we really don't use)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 1
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks guys, it's just frustrating that every model up to this date has worked without model-specifici application installs.  Heck, we have a HP Elite x2  (1012 G1) that has the exact same bluetooth hardware (matching hardware ids) that loads up fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
15 13 1 3
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have opened a support case with HP for both Intel BT and Conexant Audio, lets hope they can work with vendors and fix this

Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am running into same issue when using MDT Lite Touch. Even though I have been able to import this driver as an app the outcome is still not good.

I imported it as an app

I am using silent syntax "InstMultiPkg.exe" /silent

This installs as a mandatory application for model 840 G3.

I can verify the install is successful from my MDT log with return code 0.

Once 840 G3 does final restart, i log on, i verify in Device Manager and it says "Generic Bluetooth Adapter". I am not sure what I am missing. I am not sure if there is some dependency of installing some other HP application though I have tried this manually and it works just fine.

Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
22 19 2 2
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I extracted the files and run it as an msi, made an install.cmd with the command.

msiexec.exe /i "Intel Bluetooth.msi" REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qb-

Use version 18.1.1508.0538 for our 840 G3 and have it as a package in my customsettings.ini

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation