Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Starway Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EliteBook 8470p BIOS Update to ver. F.66 Download link does not work

CNU25196F1 8470p Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have received an e-mail fron HP support:   Critical Driver Alert - Nov 08 2016, HP Notebook System BIOS Update (ver F.66 Rev.A), Products: HP EliteBook 8570p Notebook PC, HP ProBook 6470b Notebook PC, HP EliteBook 8470p OS: Windows Description: This package creates files that contain an image of the System BIOS (ROM) for the supported notebook models with a 68IBD family ROM.

My Link does not work, I can not reach the download. And I can not find the files on the HP support pages.

How can I get the BIOS Update file(s)?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
8107 651 2901
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome !

Here is the requested URL >> http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_177660_1#tab2

However, it is not listed as Win 10 compatible.

Enhancements:

- Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases. NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous versions cannot be reinstalled.

Personally, I do not recommend you update it unless you experience some issues with your existing BIOS and you are sure that the new BIOS will fix it. You can safely ignore the warning.

General recommendation I provide to users/customers is NOT to upgrade BIOS/UEFI unless they experience any kind of specific BIOS/UEFI issue. Updating just for updaing and just for using the latest verson is not solution. Any kind of update (no matter for what and who relesed it) can fix 2 issues but may introduce 10 more issues. Additionally, upgrading the BIOS (for any vendor) poses more risks because BIOS recovery is not that easy as compared to typical software updates IF something goes wrong.

Same applies for Windows Updates, OS update, drivers updates, etc - upgrade/update IF you have issues which you know are fixed in the newer version or for some severe security issues. Otherwise, keep the existing version as long as possible.

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have other questions

**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or show appreciation
**** Mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos
Adfur Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear support of HP, attention please, the new BIOS version F.66 Rev.A have a problem in he 8470P, It does not recognize the physical ethernet LAN when you turn the laptop off and on (lost driver). Physical ethernet LAN works normally when you reboot.
Attention: if you power off the laptop and in sequence power on, you lose the driver. If you reboot the driver works.
I have identified this problem on 03 HP Elitebook 8470P laptop's. I need an urgent solution!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation