Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Dear Sir,

I am facing problem in install USB 3.0 Port Driver in EliteBook 8470p on  Window 7 Ultimate 32Bit. So please tell whether 32Bit is supported or 64Bit Supported for USB 3.0 Driver.

its two USB 3.0 port not detect any of the USB device i.e. USB 2.0/USB 3.0 (Pendrive, Mobile etc)

Please reply soon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The model usb controller you posted from the ID indicates that your notebook is not an 8470p, but an 8460p.

You need this usb 3 driver for that ID.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54511.exe

The 8470p's have the Intel USB3 controller and the 8460p's have the Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller.

That is why I finally asked for the hardware ID's, because if you had an 8470p then either of those Intel drivers I posted should have worked.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you install the usb3 driver?  There is a full set of 32 bit drivers on the support page, so yes, W7 32 bit is supported.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5212910&swItemId=ob_135422_1&swEnvOid=405...

HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

Yes same. i also trying to install Intel USB 3.0 Driver (International)  on the below link under section "Driver - Chipset". But It gives error - "This Operating system does Not Supported"

and many times as - "This computer does not meet minimum requirements for installing  the software"

Thes two USB 3.0 Ports working well in Window 8-64Bit. but i need OS Win7- 32Bit. Also images for error attached here while installing in Window 7 Ultimate 32Bit. 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5212910&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4055

USB 3.0 Driver Error on Window7-32 Bit.jpeg

USB 3.0 Driver Error on Window7-32Bit.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hi:

Try the driver directly from Intel.

Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/21129/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control...

HP Recommended

Sir,

Still Same error  "This computer does not meet minimum requirements for installing  the software".

HP Recommended

Hi:

Please post the hardware ID for the usb controller as follows:

Go to the device manager and click on the usb controller needing the driver.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the usb controller window.

Now you should see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

Please note Down Hardware Ids for Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_161C103C&REV_04
PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_161C103C
PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&CC_0C03

Hardware Ids.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi:

The model usb controller you posted from the ID indicates that your notebook is not an 8470p, but an 8460p.

You need this usb 3 driver for that ID.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54511.exe

The 8470p's have the Intel USB3 controller and the 8460p's have the Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller.

That is why I finally asked for the hardware ID's, because if you had an 8470p then either of those Intel drivers I posted should have worked.

HP Recommended

yes Sir,

Thanks a lot. now this driver installed & working well. I am sorry for model no issue, but the model No written on the body of the laptop is HP EliteBook 8470p.  While all other drivers i have installed on it are 8470p. So tell me please It will  create any problem for other devices software in future or not ?

See the attached photo..

HP Elitebook 8470p photo.jpg

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is very interesting because I didn't think they put the Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller in the 8470p.

But one picture is worth 1,000 words.

It will not cause a problem if all the other drivers worked.

What model processor does your notebook have?

The were all supposed to come with the Intel 3rd generation Intel core processors.

The 8460p's came with the 2nd generation core processors.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.