cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DaniRC Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EliteBook 850 G2 Hinge defective

EliteBook 850 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought an EliteBook laptop in August 2015 (3 years warranty and HP Care Pack) in the UK. The right hinge is defective and I can hear a crack every time I open the laptop. The issue started back in January when I could hear a slight click every time I opened it and now it’s becoming worse and louder.

My concern, after reading so many comments and complaints about defective and broken hinges, is that this will end up in a broken hinge and further damage to the laptop. I'm really disappointed to learn that this is happening in a premium business-class notebook such as the EliteBook and I would like to be able to get it fixed.  

Please let me know what I need to do in order to get this taken care of.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired Duane_D
Retired
4641 3156 51 154
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EliteBook 850 G2 Hinge defective

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here. 
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation