cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
AlfonsoTheX
Level 1
4 3 0 6
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EliteBook 850 Running Windows 7 Professional Will Not Shut Down and Batter Will Not Charge

I have a suite of problems with a month-old EliteBook 850.  I sufferred corruption of an encrypted hard drive, and that device is on its way to HP for their support staff to try to recover some data.

While waiting for the verdict on  that drive, I bought another drive and installed it, used the Windows 7 Professional recovery disks that came with the machine, and started to rebuild it.

However, 1) the battery will not charge (says it is charging but stays at 0% no matter how long I leave it plugged in) and 2) the computer will not shut down. I choose shut down from the start menu, it goes through the motions, the screen goes dark and then it just boots up to the login screen again.

Any thoughts?  Do I have a lemon?  Anybody seen this behavior before?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
5,085 6,034 326 1,047
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EliteBook 850 Running Windows 7 Professional Will Not Shut Down and Batter Will Not Charge

Hello AlfonsoTheX :smileyhappy:

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!

I understand you are experiencing an issue with your notebook. However, since this is a commercial notebook, you should post your issue on the notebook board of the HP Enterprise Forums for a better answer.

Have a wonderful day! :smileyhappy:

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation